make the framework. Take a 4 ft (1,2m) piece
of wood and hold at right angles to a piece 20 inches (500mm)
long. drill with a "-2 inch (5mm) drill
bit and then screw together.
4. Ensure that the 20 inch (500mm) and 24 inch (600mm) pieces are at 90 degrees. Measure the exact length between them and cut the 32 inch (800mm) pieces of wood to fit exactly. To do this, trim the ends at an angle. Drill and screw in place.
5. Stretch the shade cloth across the framework and nail or staple in place. Ensure that the stripes run evenly from top to bottom.
6. Trim any excess shade cloth using a hot soldering iron.
7. Finish by nailing half rounds along the edges.
8. Center above the window and attach firmly to the wall with two rawl bolts in the crosspiece and one in each down piece.
These window awnings may be varied to fit any size or style windows. Simply adjust the width measurements accordingly.