A simple lattice screen covered with shade cloth can successfully provide instant privacy within your garden. Alternatively, it may be used to hide unsightly areas - the washing line or garbage bins for instance. Soften the structure by planting shrubs and small bushes or flowers alongside the screen. For something different, plant flowers which complement the color of the shade cloth.
decided on the location of the screen, measure and mark out a distance of 8 ft
3. Set the poles in these holes and fill with concrete mix to a height of 10 inch (250mm). Hold in place with temporary cross braces ensuring they are vertical. Allow to dry overnight.
4. Fill up the holes with soil and compact.
5. Attach the screen to the poles using 4 inch (100mm) nails.
6. Working from left to right, stretch the shade cloth along the top of the screen and then tack in place with the smaller nails or staples. Ensure you do not distort the pattern of the shade cloth as you pull it taut. The material has a natural pattern which is a helpful guide.
7. Now tack the sides of the shade cloth to the outer edges of the screen.
8. Stretch taut from top to bottom and fix along the bottom edge of the structure.
9. Trim excess shade cloth with a hot soldering iron.